Friday, May 6, 2011

Russia! Moscow

After a total of 7.5 days on the Trans Siberian  I arrive in Moscow. 
I'm psyched. Unbelievably psyched. 
I want to see soviet architecture, super models, guys who look like Dolph Lundgren and big cement squares with Lenin statues. 

One of the first things I see is Fred Durst's ugly mug. 
And I'm sullen.  

Then I meet my host, Dmitry, and we play Russian reggage music with his kid. 
And I'm happy. 

The architecture is amazing, from soviet monoliths to old kremlin buildings like this one.

This women owns a couple porta-potties and is walking into her office.
 monument to soviet space exploration.










  

 clever way to cover up a refurb.

Inside red square.
Saint Basil's Cathedral. 
According to legend Ivan the Terrible had the architect's eyes poked out after completing the cathedral so he could never make anything else as beautiful. 

Lot's of stencils on the street promoting shows. 
Ain't nothing to fk wit. 




 
     What the hell does this sign mean?
  

I miss him by a couple days. 

This cleaning lady is taking her job too seriously. 










Dogs are all over the place. Just hanging out. 




Moscow State Uni




Dema takes me to a park with a Russian cold spring. 
The water is the coldest cold I've ever experienced. 
Invigorating. 





Lenin's tomb. 
The churches inside the Kremlin are amazing. 



















Christ the Saviour Cathedral. 
Built to celebrate Napoleon's "defeat" in Russia. 
Razed by Stalin and then rebuilt after perestroika. 











No comments:

Post a Comment