Sunday, April 26, 2009

Shanghai China

I couch-surfed with a wonderful married couple. The man was half French, half English, and he said it was at times difficult to live with this existential dilemma. His other half was a woman from the states who graduated from Evergreen U. I pestered her with questions about going to a hippy college and him with questions about what kind of pop culture Europeans grow up with. He told me Married With Children and Japanese Anime were how his generation learned about the world.

The French/Englishman had an amazing story about being at a tiny dive bar in China and randomly running into his English ex-girlfriend who he hadn't seen in 12 years. Crazy.


Look at that smog! goddamn.


Shanghai gets the award for world's cheesiest skyline.



























Why did I pay $10 for this
"transportation light show?"












Asian cities that their Urban Development Museums seriously.















I'm a vegan. Most days I'm an agnostic/atheist.
On a good day you could call me a pantheist. So I kind of believe this about 30 days out of the year.


















An old communist factory complex turned into a massive art gallery complex.
















Still trying to figure this one out.



No comments:

Post a Comment